- What Development for Whom? An Epistemology of Development Theories and Models (3 ECTS)
- Politics of Development (3 ECTS)
- Participatory Project Management (3 ECTS) or Methodology of Diploma Work: Research Methods and Techniques (3 ECTS)
- Enhancing Economic Sustainability: Paradigms, Strategies and Tools ( 6ECTS)
- Alleviating Poverty and Inequalities: Paradigms, Strategies and Tools (6 ECTS)
- Facing Environmental Issues: Paradigms, Strategies and Tools (6 ECTS)
- A foreign language to be chosen by the student (3 ECTS)
- When Diversity Becomes a Problem: Processes of 'Othering' and Building Bridges (3 ECTS)
- Overseas internship preparation (3 ECTS)
- 3 to 5 month internship or field research and Master dissertation (24 ECTS)
- An integrated, interdisciplinary, comparative approach
- Problem-oriented analysis
- A people-centered view
- Experienced lecturing staff with an extensive network of local and international development and research organizations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Indian and Pacific Oceans and Europe.
Alternation of lectures, seminars, workshops, team work presentations, reports, occasional field trips, guest speakers.
The three central courses of the program focus on social environmental and economic sustainable development issues. Each of these courses include introductive lectures, giving an insight into facts, theories and concepts, as well as two seminars, focusing on project related strategies and tools.